P52W07 - Wonderful Surprise

Monday, February 22, 2010 | |


Kai and I were just walking around Greenbelt 5, killing time, waiting for Belle and Janet to arrive. After checking out the gear at Digital Walker, we stopped at the foot of the escalator in front of the store. "Now what?" we both asked. We looked up.

"I haven't been there."

"Me neither. Let's check it out."

Most of the stores on the fifth level (I think) were still under construction. What caught our eye was the outdoor area that occupied more than half the level. There was a nook just out the door where a few smokers were taking a break. Beyond that: a lawn; some parts drying out, but some parts still very much green. It was definitely something we didn't expect.

She headed out first, documenting with her Flip. And then I, hesitantly; weary of the times I had been stopped from taking pictures.

I'm glad I followed her.

Maybe it was the sense of being in a place few people know about, and even fewer have been to. Maybe it was the sense of finding calmness only a few meters above the hustle of the mall. Maybe it was the new perspective on a familiar location. It was just a nice place to be in.

Of course we had to take pics. This one's my favorite. It's a refreshing change of pace from the set up shots of earlier entries in the project.


-arland-

2 comments:

ChaCha said...

vibrant colors! i hope it wasn't as hot as it looks up there. :)

Unknown said...

Color-shifted na yan. Original was too yellow because of the sun. :) It wasn't that hot. We were there late afternoon.