P52W06 - Summer Starts!

Sunday, February 14, 2010 | |


My first beach outing for 2010. We went to San Antonio, Zambales for a little island-hopping, swimming and shooting. Our first stop, Camara Island was striking. There were huge round rocks embedded onto the amazing cliff face. Wild birds were circling their nests on trees at the edge. A path to a smaller, 'sister' island appears at low tide, allowing people to cross. One would have to try very hard to take a bad picture of the place.

Me, I was immediately drawn to this 'cave' formed by giant boulders that were once part of the cliff. The shade allowed me greater control of the light. I exposed for the morning sunlight outside, and adjusted my flash to match. A shoot-through umbrella softened the light a bit.

All I needed then was a model. Luckily, I was with the best.

The rest of the pics from the trip are already up on my Multiply site (Sorry, contacts only), but I will upload them to Flickr soon.





Lighting diagram:


-arland-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if you keep this up (different girl a week), we'd be like calendar girls! Not really sure how I feel about that.

JANET panalo ka ever!

Unknown said...

I am definitely not a calendar girl.